Hand Up Fund
Journalism’s rewards come with many risks: Layoffs and pay cuts, natural disasters and serious accidents, sudden illnesses and work-related divorces. You deserve a helping hand.
We launched the Hand Up Fund in 2020 to give up to $200 for journalists who need cash quickly. We wish it could be more, but at least we make it fast and easy to get the money.
How to apply
- Email email@example.com with “Hand Up Fund application” in the subject line.
- Briefly explain what you need and why you need it.
- We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
How to donate
To donate to the Hand Up Fund…
- Venmo: @SpjFlorida with the note “Hand Up Fund”
- Zelle: firstname.lastname@example.org as the username and “Hand Up Fund” in the memo section
- PayPal: click below.