In a time of autocorrect and spell check, even journalists have lost touch of their roots. SPJ realizes we all have a problem — now we’re going to fix it. We’ll start by forcing you to forget everything you’ve learned about your smartphones and tablets. No easy shortcuts will work here.
This Scrabble tournament at combines the three things we love most — words, food and alcohol.
Here’s how it works…
– Teams of two play against each other.
– Each table will have a ref to keep track of time and points.
– Each team will have 30 seconds to lay down a word.
– The opposing team can challenge them by using dictionaries the refs will provide.
– The winners of each game play for the first-place title.
Participants get their first drink free, 10 percent off food. We’ll provide appetizers for the teams — you know, brain food.
The tournament and tasting will only last a couple hours, giving you a chance to network with other journalists, content creators and board game lovers.
It all takes place on Saturday, July 28 from 4 to 6 p.m. at BurgerFi, 2477 E Sunrise Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, 33304
Questions? Email email@example.com