The Palm Beach Post (Part Time)
Cox Media Group – Palm Beach Post has an opening for a News Assistant who gathers and updates news and event information for publication in print and online. Reports and writes additional content as assigned and updates our digital platforms.
• Answers and routes reader phone calls with superb customer service.
• Accurately, and on deadline, compiles lists for print and online publication, including but not limited to briefs, calendars, public meetings, sports notes, business listings, property listings, entertainment highlights, etc.
• Obtains, reports and writes routine, simple articles for print and online publication as assigned, including school news columns, police blotters, profiles, newsmakers, etc.
• Assists in digital archiving of stories.
• Works in various digital platforms to update websites, send emails, and communicate with staff.
Minimum two years’ college. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole preferred.
Familiarity with current events, local politics and sports. Fluent in AP Style.
Computer proficiency. Should have a working knowledge of word processing programs, e-mail systems and search engines. Spreadsheet and WordPress skills preferred.
Social Media proficiency. Must be familiar with Facebook, Instagram, and other social platforms.
Must be able to sit at a computer terminal for long stretches. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: 14 Hourly
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida