WTSP (Full Time)
WTSP, the Company owned CBS affiliate in Tampa Bay, Florida is looking for an aggressive, creative, and engaging MSJ/Reporter.
Duties And Responsibilities
– Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for on-air broadcasting
– Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, concise, and accurate manner
– Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
– Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
– Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
– Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
– Write and post daily on all WTSP digital platforms including social media.
Qualified candidates should be able to think and perform outside the box and have the background to thoughtfully investigate every story. An ideal candidate will be able to shoot and edit their stories within assigned deadlines. Stories should be compelling, factually correct, creative, and clearly written. Strong social media skills a must.
– Bachelors degree in Journalism, Communication, Electronic Media or related field
– Minimum 5 Years News/video Journalism Reporting Experience
– Demonstrated experience writing, reporting, shooting, and editing video
– Experience with “spot news”- proven ability to react quickly to breaking events
– Strong communication skills (written/oral) for on-air delivery
– Proven ability to work under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines
– Ability to interact productively & positively within different environments
– Applicable knowledge of multiplatform news gathering tools and resources including digital media
– Valid drivers license and good driving record
– Ability and willingness to work early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Location: Tampa, Florida