CNN en Español (Full Time)
What part will you play?
The Copy Editor/Writer partners with producers, correspondents, anchors, contributors, freelancers, contractors, newsdesk journalists and writers to ensure journalistic integrity, editorial accuracy, stylistic uniformity, grammatical correctness and great storytelling in all CNN en Español platforms.
What will you be doing?
– The Copy Editor/Writer provides editorial and linguistic advice to talent, show team, and digital staff, demonstrating a strong familiarity with CNN Stylebook and CNN Legal Standards to ensure consistency that increases CNN’s credibility, including factual accuracy, sourcing, balance, libel, tone, context, grammar/spelling/style across all CNNE platforms. This includes graphics for TV, digital and social media platforms and other editorial elements.
– S/he copy edits and/or write scripts across linear, including anchor, reporter, packages, graphics, segments, and ticker. Responsible for all graphic content including headlines, banners, fonts.
– The Copy Editor/Writer edits copy so scripts are easy to understand, more interesting and more conversational. S/he drives compelling, conversational anchor copy that is accurate and up to date; this may entail writing and rewriting anchor copy and reporter packages.
– S/he copy edits and/or writes content across digital including web, social, mobile. Digital content elements include headlines, summaries, articles and report, graphics and social media posting. – Must copy edit and write across multiple digital platforms using SEO – including curating and tagging, CMS, WordPress, social media, analytics and a meticulous attention to detail. Must be concise, impactful, and appealing in style.
– The Copy Editor/Writer will work closely with digital content coordinators/writers and reporters to improve digital content, provide coaching that will enhance the editorial quality of our websites and implement ideas to increase online readership based on analytics and marketing trends. Monitor and make corrections to social media postings with an aim for editorial accuracy that will drive growth of our social media presence.
But wait, there’s more!
– Paid time off every year to volunteer
– 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
– An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
– Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS
What do we need from you?
– Must be fluent in English and Spanish.
– Native Spanish speaker and experience working, studying and living in Latin American / Spain preferred.
– 5 years’ experience as a full-time news writer or editor in Spanish.
– Must be able to translate and edit text from English to Spanish.
– Ability to handle breaking news under heavy deadline pressure.
– Proven understanding of U.S. Domestic, Hispanic and International issues.
– Must have digital, newspaper, wire service or online writing or copy editing background.
– Demonstrate editing skills for different platforms (checking language, accuracy, balance, sensitivity).
– Flexibility and highly organized; Ability to adapt to rapid changes in news, can multi-task effectively.
– Familiarity with various newsroom tools for TV and digital, including an understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization), CMS (Content Management System), WordPress, social media, analytics and a meticulous attention to detail.
– Broadcasting or multimedia experience is a plus.
– Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience.
Location: Miami, Florida