Online Content Manager
Sun Sentinel (Full Time)
– Responsible for making decisions on story play on the homepage based on detailed evaluation of metrics, understanding of the online audience, and sound editorial news judgment.
– Responsible for managing the homepage production and working with newsroom editors in all areas of coverage to ensure their assigned channels on the sites are being updated quickly and frequently throughout the day.
– Responsible for detailed use of online metrics to understand and grow audience.
– Thinks creatively to develop traditional as well as non-traditional ideas that enrich the site with content aimed at growing unique visitors and digital subscriptions; develops ideas for video and other forms of multimedia journalism.
– Responsible for working with all newsroom staff to ensure that key stories are optimized for search engines as well as enhanced with related content to extend reader visits to the site.
– Works with photo staff to ensure video is delivered with every story online web quickly.
– Has a firm grasp of all SunSentinel.com and SouthFlorida.com social channels – including subpages – to maximize their reach and ensure high standards; stays up to date on changes in social platforms that impact the newsroom’s ability to grow audience.
– A bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
– At least five years of online experience, including editing and web production; at least three years of management. Experience managing producers and making home page decisions is required.
– Demonstrates leadership skills.
– Advanced skills in planning coverage, judging the news and editing stories for a news web site.
– Experience with various social media platforms, algorithms, trends, tools and best practices.
– A working knowledge of libel, privacy and access laws.
– The demonstrated ability to coach people and to motivate them to reach their full potential.
– A thorough knowledge of content management systems for the web, search engine optimization tools, and site metrics tools.
Location: Deerfield Beach, Florida