WOFL TV Fox35 / WRBW TV My65 (Full Time)
– Responsible for gathering story info from various news sources and determining the newsworthiness.
– Make decisions on what stories to cover and assign/dispatch crews.
– Keep news staff apprised of breaking news and changes in assignments.
– Plan news stories for future coverage and coordinate coverage for special events.
– Make beat check calls to law enforcement and other governmental agencies.
– Communicate with affiliates to ensure continuity in coverage.
– Write, edit and post stories on the station’s website and social media platforms; on-air, on-line, in-mobile and social.
– A minimum of two years’ experience in TV news, including assignment desk experience preferred.
– Must be well organized and able to manage multiple projects.
– Must demonstrate outstanding news judgment and good news writing skills.
– Must be able to deal effectively with people. Must be able to work well in a fast paced environment.
– Overtime, holidays and varied hours required.
Location: Orlando, Florida