Digital Content Producer
WEAR-TV (Full Time)
WEAR-TV is searching for a creative Digital Content Producer. The candidate will lead, write and direct all content across our digital platforms. The position requires the candidate to understand ethical journalism, WEAR-TV’s brand and our vision. The right candidate will work closely with our Executive Producer of Digital Content and the News Director on content, branding and future planning. In this position, you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories, and also develop content for our web site.
– Solid news judgment
– Be a compelling and accurate writer
– Be able to multitask and manage their time daily
– Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment
– Working knowledge of new media, social media and news content
– Love for social media and ability engage our audience
– Ability to lead, train and direct on-air talent successfully
– Strong organizational, written and communication skills
– TV background or digital experience a plus
The candidate needs at least one year of experience working with social media and digital platforms. The candidate must have strong leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and the ability to execute news strategies and goals across our digital platforms and inside our newscasts. Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities are a must. You should also be proficient with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews.
Please, no phone calls.
Location: Pensacola, Florida