Univision (Full Time)
• Shooting and editing assigned and breaking news stories using ENG camera and non-linear editing equipment, with or without reporter.
• Shoot and edit special assignments and series as needed.
• Provide pictures and short/snap videos from the field for our Social Media platforms
• Set up and operate microwave ENG trucks, as well as Live U equipment.
• Assist video editor/acquisitions in editing and preparing video for newscasts as assigned, using server-based editing and playback system.
• Operate and maintain news vehicles and equipment in a safe and professional manner.
• Perform routine maintenance and light troubleshooting on assigned equipment.
• May be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website.
• Monitors scanners in vehicles from news stories.
• May be required to travel for special assignments and coverage.
• Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Candidate will have continuous interaction with news reporters and other photographers. Will work closely with producers, assignment desk editors, video editors and chief photographer.
• Will have constant interaction with engineering and production departments, and will be in daily contact with the public, as well as local, state and federal officials.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
• Strong storytelling and problem-solving skills
• Must be able to work well in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines
• Must be able to multi-task and communicate effectively
• Must have a valid Florida Driver’s license with clean driving record, as driving a news vehicle daily, to-and-from stories, is an essential part of the job
• Drive and handle all necessary equipment on a news live truck
• Able to work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes
Desired Skills & Experience
• High School Diploma required; College degree or technical school training in Journalism, Radio/Television, Production/ENG or related field, preferred
• Minimum 2 or more years working as news photographer in a TV news or similar environment
• Self-motivated, well organized and with excellent personal interaction skills
• Detail oriented, able to follow directions and make independent decisions
• Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing
• Knowledge of lighting techniques
• Experience operating news live truck
• Must be able to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 50 pounds)
• Must be able to drive a vehicle, bend and set-up equipment for remotes to allow transmission of video, audio, pictures or live from-the-scene reports back to the station
• Must be able to sit for long periods of time
• Must possess vision and hearing acuity, clear and audible speech
• Manual dexterity in use of keyboard, videotape machines, cameras and other broadcast equipment
• Must be able to work in outdoor and inclement weather conditions
• Must be willing to work from office in Miami, FL
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Location: Miami, Florida