Ft. Myers News Press/Naples Daily News, Naples/Ft. Myers, Florida (Full Time)
The Naples Daily News and The News-Press in sunny Southwest Florida are looking for an experienced Digital Producer who will bring fresh content, multimedia/multi-platform ideas and technical know-how to our newsrooms while executing the company’s strategic content plan and helping us grow audience. The Digital Producer will contribute to and will help package news content across our mobile, web, social and video platforms. This role will report to the Digital Managing Editor.
Ideal candidates will be news-oriented, energetic, curious and known troubleshooters. They will excel at multi-tasking.
The schedule for this producer involves nights, and possibly a weekend shift.
The primary functions expected in the role:
– Work with reporting staff to plan, structure, aggregate and write news and information content for our digital platforms.
– Pay attention to ChartBeat and real-time social metrics to optimize the user experience on trending content.
– Assist in online coverage of major news events, breaking news and severe weather to ensure high quality consistent community coverage online.
– Manage daily platform coverage on web, app and social platforms.
– Create and edit stories and videos to enhance online coverage for all platforms.
– Aggregate content to increase user engagement.
– Assist in the management of user-generated content on the sites.
– Update and interact with fans/followers on multiple social media platforms as we grow our audience.
– Knowledge of SEO best practices while being mindful of AP style.
– Knowledge of accepted aggregation practices while being mindful of copyright law
Education & Experience
– BS/BA in related discipline or commensurate experience.
– At least 2-4 years of experience in related field.
– Must have experience with content management systems, basic HTML, video editing, simple photo editing.
– Must have experience interacting with social networks on a professional level.
Skills & Abilities
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
– Multitasks between several projects and as news develops.
– Serves in a lead role in certain digital or newsroom projects.
– Knowledgeable about industry trends and being willing to experiment with them.
– Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
– Self-starter. Determines and develops approach to solutions.
Location: Naples/Fort Myers, Florida