Entertainment and Pop Culture Reporter
Miami Herald (Full Time)
This reporter will write multiple daily, locally relevant arts and entertainment stories that capture trends in pop culture and visual arts in South Florida. The mix of content requires aggressive aggregation as well as reported stories on topics ranging from arts and entertainment to upcoming events and performances. The coverage landscape includes digital-friendly stories about visual arts, dance, classical music, theater, performance art, live music scene, pop music. He or she will aggregate out-of-town reviews for touring performances, using them as advances, contributes visual arts coverage to Miami.com’s Miamigrams account, as well as write occasional longer features.
What you’ll do:
– Select stories with an eye for audience engagement and traffic
– Create daily stories, photo galleries and videos
– Monitor trending topics from social media to inform editorial decisions
– Manage photos, headlines, links, SEO and story packaging
– Package items from third- party content sources and maximized engagement using related links, photo galleries, and videos
– Bring fresh ideas to daily content creation and social media promotion
– Post at least two stories a day, using original reporting and aggregation
– Engage with readers on social media platforms
– Monitor competitive web sites and social media in your coverage area.
– A good feel for audience interest and trends
– Ability to monitor metrics and use them to guide coverage.
– Fresh writing style in an engaging, conversational voice
– Competency with video, basic video editing, photography, Microsoft Word and Excel or other word-processing and spreadsheet programs
– Team player who works collaboratively
Location: Doral, Florida