Director of Digital Content
Miami Heat (Full Time)
The director of digital content is responsible for developing and driving a high-level digital content strategy across all interactive platforms and identifying new, compelling content opportunities that connect with HEAT fans. The position will oversee the Miami HEAT mobile app content team, develop the push notification strategies, and marketing plans for the HEAT mobile app. The ideal candidate should have experience developing branded content franchises, presenting them, and overseeing the execution of the programs. The Director of Digital Content should be familiar with content valuation and data analysis, as well as integrating corporate partners into digital content franchises. This position will manage the Content Strategist, Content Producer, and the mobile app content team, and will work closely with other existing HEAT departments, including Interactive Media, HEATV and Digital Strategy and Innovation, among others.
Key Responsibility Areas:
1. Develop a complimentary content strategy across HEAT digital platforms to increase the value of each property
2. Present content monetization opportunities for the Miami HEAT brand and current and/or potential partners
3. With the Chief of Creative & Content, manage content team to execute a multi-platform content distribution strategy
4. Manage the Content Strategist and Content Producer to ensure we’re serving the right content to the right audience at the right time
5. Develop content, push notifications, and marketing strategy of the HEAT mobile app
6. Manage the HEAT mobile app content team and operations
7. Work closely with Digital Strategist to ensure our content is being used effectively to drive organizational revenue goals
8. Work closely with corporate partnerships to identify monetization opportunities and pitch to potential partners
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time limits. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires constant use of interpersonal skills including but not limited to: ability to inform staff, foster collaboration, recognize and resolve conflicts, and openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients.
The ideal candidate will have experience in content creation along with interdepartmental communication and excellent organizational skills. The position requires experience with CMS. Must demonstrate knowledge of the NBA and Miami HEAT brand.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work non-traditional hours when needed. Self-starter with strong organizational skills. Knowledge of digital content landscape.
Location: Miami, Florida