Cox Media Group (Full Time)
Cox Media Group Jacksonville has an opening for a great full-time photojournalist who has the ability to identify and acquire the best pictures and sound, and put them together to tell stories that will impact people on TV, radio, and all digital platforms, while operating state-of-the-art broadcast equipment for live and produced segments.
– Operate and maintain a professional quality video camera and related news gathering equipment; be — or quickly become — proficient at field troubleshooting
– Be familiar with and understand non-linear editing techniques to meet deadlines and create high-impact stories
– Operate and maintain live equipment including microwave, satellite, and LiveU backpack
– Work with reporters in the field to turn visually-creative, memorable stories as well as interesting, active live shots
– Bring story ideas and creative energy to the table every day
– Always remember your work will appear on devices that have large screens, small screens, or no screens, and it must work on all three.
Education: 2 year college or trade school
Experience: 2 years in news or related field
Physical Requirements: Ability to lift 40 pounds and work mornings, nights, holidays, and weekends.
Location: Jacksonville, Florida