Influence Magazine (Full Time)
As the premier publication covering Florida politics, INFLUENCE is designed for a target demographic to include politicians, lobbyists, law firms and the big business leaders who closely watch the moves that keep the wheels of government moving. INFLUENCE’s exacting standards have resulted in an award-winning best magazine single issue (Winter 2016) from the Society of Professional Journalists Florida Pro Chapter.
EEM is searching for a candidate responsible for the visual layout of INFLUENCE magazine, using photos, graphics and other forms of artwork to create covers and inside pages. The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and have a thorough understanding of the magazine’s target audience and analysis of market trends to make INFLUENCE visually appealing and engaging.
The position entails meeting rolling deadlines and prioritizing a relatively heavy workload with minimal direction. Ideal candidates will have editorial design experience and a dynamic skill set; will be creative, self-sufficient yet collaborative, and work effectively within a creative team. Professional design experience preferred, but not essential. Ad and marketing design experience is a plus.
Candidate requirements include:
– Meet with editor-in-chief, writers and photographers to discuss the appearance of the upcoming issue
– Collaborate to generate ideas as to the best way to present their work
– Adopt how visuals and articles tie together
– Decide which type of artwork and other visuals will be used for each story
– Use of publication related software such as Photoshop or Illustrator
Email Peter@FloridaPolitics.com with a cover letter (including links to writing samples), resume and contact information.
– Bachelor’s degree, with educational background in journalism, communications or a related field
– 1-3 years’ Magazine graphic design content in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
– Reliable transportation
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida