Off the Record: Journalists Out Loud
NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS!
Lip Service and the Society of Professional Journalists South Florida Chapter Present: Off The Record: Journalists Out Loud on Saturday, Nov. 6 at 8 p.m. An evening of storytelling featuring top local writers at Design Within Reach in Miami Beach.
What we’re looking for:
• True, first-person stories about funny, sad, humiliating, scandalous or uplifting experiences.
• Submissions from journalists of every fashion — print, radio, television and online.
• Writers who want to share their work with a live audience in a fun, appreciative setting.
• Typewritten stories of 1,300 words or fewer.
What we’re not looking for:
• Stories you’ve written about other people. This is an opportunity for you to write and talk about yourself. And what journalist doesn’t like to do that?
Modeled after the popular storytelling series Lip Service, Off the Record aims to toss objectivity aside and celebrate the art of writing and storytelling without concern for column inches, page views or ratings. Simply put, we want your story.
Send your story to email@example.com. PLEASE PUT “Off the Record” in the subject line. There is NO FEE to submit a story or attend the event. It’s all FREE.
Submissions deadline: Friday, Oct. 22
For more information on Lip Service and to watch videos from previous events, visit Lipservicestories.com.
Design Within Reach is located next door to Books and Books at 927 Lincoln Road, Suite 101, in Miami Beach. Call 305-604-0037 or visit Dwr.com.
Brought to you by: