SPJ South Florida Pro Presents: Weird Careers in the Media
If you thought careers in journalism were just working for newspapers and television stations, you thought wrong. There are good jobs for journalists in places you might not think to look. Learn how to apply for them – and how to separate yourself from all the other applicants.
On May 19, SPJ South Florida brings you Weird Careers in the Media at the Funky Buddha in Boca Raton. With traditional journalism jobs dwindling, freelancer and chapter president Michael Koretzky will show how pro journalists and recent grads can still land a job in media without handing over your journo card. The meet-up will start at 7 p.m.
Koretzky is a former hiring editor at a Top 50 newspaper, national website, and international music magazine. For the past decade, he’s also run a weekly media job list for one of the nation’s largest markets. Learn all the lessons he had to discover the hard way. Follow him on Twitter. RSVP on Facebook.
- Who: SPJ’s South Florida Pro Chapter
- What: Weird Careers in the Media – SPJ South Florida Monthly Meet-up
- Where: The Funky Buddha Lounge and Brewery, 2621 North Federal Highway Boca Raton, FL 33431
- When: 7 p.m., Thursday, May 19
- Cost: FREE (parking is free, too)
To sponsor this event, please contact Executive Vice President Michele Boyet.